Bejeweled Blitz with Boost!
I was just playing the new beta version of the Bejeweled Blitz game on Facebook – with Boost and Coins. They have some new improvements coming out, so I thought I would review them and provide some more tips and tricks.
How it works is, you collect points to earn boosts. Boosts are like power ups. Here are the boosts:
- Detonate – 2500 coins: Detonates all special gems on the board. You can use it once per game for 3 games. If you don’t use it, it gets wasted, so use it.
- Scramble – 3500 coins: Scrambles all gems on the board. You can use it twice per game.
- +5 Seconds – 5000 coins: Adds 5 seconds to the end of the game.
- Mystery Gem – 6000 coins: Puts a random gem on the board at the beginning of the game.
- Free Multiplier – 7500 coins: Puts a multiplier gem on the board at the beginning of the game.
When coins appear, it seems that they’re each worth 100 points. If you match gems to get them off the board or if they remain at the end of the game, they are each worth 100 points. All the coins are yellow gems – not all yellow gems are coins though.
I’m not exactly sure how you gain points. I can’t find documentation about it yet and I’ve tried playing to figure it out but I’m not sure. It seems to be based on how many gems you clear with one gem swap. I’m not sure how many though.
The Bejeweled Blitz boost I like the most, so far, is Detonate. The Free Multiplier is nice and sometimes the Mystery Gem is a power gem but not all the time. The added 5 seconds is nice, too. Scramble seems kind of useless to me. Scramble is something you almost want to avoid but if you do get one of those games where you’re stuck playing at the top, then it could be nice but that doesn’t happen enough where you’d want to spend coins on it. I think spending coins on Detonate is the best Bejeweled Boost because you can always use it and it’s the lowest cost.
More Bejeweled Blitz Tips and Tricks:
Below are some screenshots – enjoy!
How to Purchase and Use a Boost
First, decide which boost you want to use. The boosts that are available to you will be lit up:
Second, purchase the boost(s) you want with your available balance of coins:
Third, with some boosts, there will be a small button on the bottom left of the game board:
How to Use the Scrambler Boost
First, purchase the boost:
Second, just like the Detonate Boost, there is an icon for the Scrambler boost but it’s on the lower right hand side of the game board:
03-02-10 – The Price of Boosts
I see the tough economic times are hitting the Bejeweled Blitz world as well. The Detonate boost is now 3,000 coins (was 2,500). Scrambler is now 4,000 coins (was 3,500). The +5 Seconds boost came down and is now 4,500 coins (was 5,000).
The design of the coin gems have also changed this week.
I know that to earn coins at the end of the game, you get one per each multiplier that you’ve earned.
Does anyone see any other changes?
-TonyRelated Search Terms:
- bejeweled blitz boosts
- bejeweled blitz/are boosts worth it?
- how to undo boosts in bejewelled blitz
- bejeweled blitz boosters
- bejeweled remove my boost
- how to take off boosts on bejeweled blitz
- how to remove boosts on bejewelled blitz
- automatically renew my boost on bejeweled blitz
- How to remove boosts in bejewelled
- How to remove boosts from repeating in bejewelled
- how to use scrambler in bejeweled blitz
- times two boost and bjeweled blitz